BALCONI BOX INSTRUCTIONS
Presented by Vanessa Baker. Box design by Sam Donald
Stamps: Tasteful Touches Stamp Set, Lovely You Stamp Set
Paper: Whisper White Thick Cardstock
Ink: Misty Moonlight
Other: Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon, Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, ¾” Circle punch
Whisper White Thick Cardstock 22 x 18.5cm (8.5 x 7.25″)
Score on the LONG side at 4, 9, 13, 18cm (1.5, 3.5, 5, 7″)
Score on the SHORT side at 4, 14.5cm (1.5, 5.75″)
10.5 x 5 x 4cm (4.25 x 2 x 1.5″)
Boxes are very easy once you have made a few, Sam Donald is amazing at creating all sorts of boxes and she films them. If this is your first time please watch Sam’s video for this box as it’s easier to visualize than to read the instructions. If you’ve made lots of boxes then all you probably need is the measurements above.
- Cut the card to size and score as per the instructions on the previous page.
- Cut as per the diagram below (not to scale) so the box will fold up. Make the cuts on the edges of the square tabs on a slight angle from the edge and tapering away to the intersection of the score lines. This makes the box easier to fold up and these cuts are hidden inside the box. The rectangular shaped ends should have straight cuts as these form the outside of the box. Follow Sam’s video if you get stuck.
- Stamp the feather randomly all over the cardstock using Misty Moonlight ink
- Burnish the score lines
- Start with the bottom of the box and add glue to the first 2 square tabs, fold them inwards and fold the rectangular tab over them. Do both sides of the bottom of the box
- Make up the lid of the box the same way
- Punch a half circle from the front of the lid, pop your Balconi or similar treat inside and fold the lid down
- Cut a length of 53cm of ribbon and wrap under the box, up the sides and tie a bow on the top
- Stamp a sentiment from the Lovely You stamp set and punch both ends with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch and glue to the top of the box
We hope you enjoy making this easy treat box!